Monday, August 25, 2008

Scare mongering about E85 in the local paper

I was wondering how long it would take to get stories about people mistakenly putting E85 in their cars.

Now that there are pumps with E85 and gasoline dispensing capabilities, it will be much easier to mix E85 and gas, but also much easier to fill up with the wrong fuel.

The article was a bunch of BS. If I mistakenly filled up, I would just run the damn thing out. I'd come back to the station every day or two and top off with gas. No need to spend $240 to drain the tank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2.0T Boi here.

That's not all the scare mongering going on.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080824/BUSINESS/808240308

The EPA distributed a letter to retailers selling e85 (at the behest of the API). The net is that one of the stations where I buy e85 now has an attendant to turn you away if you don't have a flex fuel car. This is a big setback in my attempt to ruin my car since the price here is $2.85/gallon. However, the cost of regular unleaded around here is less than 3.62/gallon if you shop around and that's under the BTU adjusted price of e85.