Sunday, April 27, 2008

The things I've seen at the E85 pump

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one gassing my non-flex fuel vehicle with E85.

I actually had to wait to gas up tank #6. A guy was gassing up his 2000 Linclon Town Car. He put in 13 gallons. That's nowhere near the capacity of a Town Car, and I'm pretty sure that they're not flex fuel.

When I filled up my wife's van, the pump indicated that the last customer put in 2.5 gallons.

After I used it, the next customer was a late model Chevy Impala. It did not have a flex fuel badge, so I'm pretty sure that it was a non-flex fuel model.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When gas goes up and the spread widens many do use e85 in non-flex cars- some sucessfully but some go too far and get a CEL. I am going to get rid of my '96 Silverado and hang on to my flex-fuel S10 so i have a choice greater than the about 50% limit i could get with the full size p/u. Not only that but the S10 gets much better mileage. The old Silverado has served me well and was handy but i think we have to think of the future.

Buzzcut said...

I didn't realize that the S-10 was flex fuel.

Funny how the small trucks have more or less disappeared from the market. The S-10 is gone, replaced by the Colarado, which doesn't sell very well. The Ford Ranger used to sell 250k per year or more, now it can't even break 100k and is being phased out by Ford, with nothing to replace it. The Toyota, Nissan Frontier, and Dodge Dakota aren't really small trucks anymore.