Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Wife's van on E85

Well, I was out in the wife's van for a Depot run, and it was running on empty. I took the opportunity to gas it up with a little E85.

She's got an '02 Chevy Venture with the 3.4L V6. It's got a little over 60k miles.

It's got a 25 gallon tank. I put in 5.5 gallons of E85 and filled the rest up with 87 octane gas. It works out to about 25% ethanol.

We drove around doing a few errands today. So far, so good.

E85 was still $3.15 a gallon, and 87 was still $3.65.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am betting that 50/50 e85 to NL will be your limit w/o a CEL. Some can go as high as 65% pure ethanol w/o a CEL yet 45-50% pure ethanol is often the limit. Wished our Saab's would go this high.

Leave a bit of room in the tank Buzz in case you need to cut it with NL until you see how the ECU will react. A few will run rough when you push too far and the ability to add some NL gives you adjustment room. Working up slowly seems to help.